To celebrate COP26, Chester Community Energy Ltd is launching a SUSTAINABILITY COMPETITION for State-Funded Schools in Cheshire West and Chester (Secondary Yrs 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13).
Are you up for the Challenge?
Work collaboratively and learn about energy conservation and renewable energy.Help your school become more energy efficient. Great prizes for the winning team and £1,000 for your school to spend on sustainability initiatives!
What do you need to do?
1) Create a team (maximum 5 students). School staff can help out too.
2) Research how to cut down on energy use generally. You could start by looking at the Energy Saving Trust’s web site https://energysavingtrust.org.uk/. There are plenty more web sites.
3) Find out how much energy (gas/electricity/oil/other) your school has used every month each year for the past 3 years.
4) Come up with 1 project idea (maximum 2 pages of A4) which you think will enable your school to save the most energy.
5) Return the attached form along with the above information to email@example.com by Friday 18th February 2022 (5pm). One Entry per School.
What can you win?
Chester Community Energy Ltd will donate £1,000 to the winning school (£500 to spend on energy saving/ sustainability items, LED lights, etc., plus £500 towards implementing the winning team’s energy saving ideas at the school).The winning team (maximum 5 team members) will win a £20 gift voucher each and an invitation to participate in a Chester Community Energy Director’s meeting.
About Chester Community Energy Ltd http://www.chestercommunityenergy.org.uk/
Note: An information sheet for teams and teachers can be found below and the judging panel members will appear on this page at the end of March 2022.